Piedmont Heights Walking Tour
Council Bluff578 Montgomery Ferry Drive
Long before Morningside Baptist Church, this high ground was called Council Bluff. It served as a meeting ground for the local Native American tribes. In 1823, Council Bluff was part of the 3,000 acres granted to Benjamin Plaster in recognition of his military service during the War of 1812 against Britain.