Political Representatives for
- Jon Ossoff (Democrat)
- Raphael Warnock (Democrat)
U.S. House of Representatives
- 5th District: Nikema Williams
- Washington phone, 202-225-3801
- Atlanta phone, 404-659-0116
Georgia House of Representatives
City of Atlanta
- Mayor Andre Dickens, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mayor's Chief of Staff, Carmen Chubb, email@example.com
- General City Information Line, 404-330-6000, www.atlantaga.gov
Atlanta City Council
The Atlanta City Council consists of 16 members: one elected from each of 12 districts, three elected at large, plus the Council president elected citywide.
Piedmont Heights is in District 6.
- Contact Atlanta City Council, 404-330-6030
- President: Doug Shipman, Atlanta City Hall, 404-330-6052, firstname.lastname@example.org
- District 6 Council Representative: Alex Wan
404-330-6049 | email@example.com
Chief of Staff, Lance Orchid - firstname.lastname@example.org
District 6 website
Sign up for the District 6 email newsletter
Read previous editions of the District 6 email newsletter
- Committee Chair: Finance: Meets twice monthly on weeks without a Full Council Meeting on Wednesdays at 1:30 PM
- Committee Assignments:
- Transportation: Meets twice monthly on weeks without a Full Council Meeting on Wednesdays at 10:00 AM
- Utilities: Meets twice monthly on weeks without a Full Council Meeting on Tuesdays at 9:30 AM
CITY UTILITIES COMMITTEE
The City Utilities Committee is responsible for the Departments of Watershed Management and Public Works (liquid waste and solid waste). This committee continues to make major policy decisions on wastewater and drinking water as a result of the Consent Decree and First Amended Consent Decree entered into 1998 and 1999, respectively, and storm water runoff. The committee also handles routine legislation such as abandoning and renaming of streets, water bill adjustments, sewer construction and connections, rights-of-way acquisitions, tie-back support systems, encroachment agreements, railroad crossing agreements, franchise agreements, street resurfacing and paving, sidewalk/curb construction and repair and other departmental needs.
The Transportation Committee recommends on matters pertaining to transportation, generally, including the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA). One of its main functions is overseeing the Department of Aviation which operates Hartsfield -Jackson Atlanta International Airport, the world’s busiest airport. The Transportation Committee also has purview over the Department of Transportation, whose task it is to perform traffic studies, install traffic signage and traffic calming devices throughout the city, etc.
FINANCE/EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (Chair)
The Finance/Executive Committee recommends on matters pertaining to the budget and to transfers of appropriations; the administration of taxing ordinances and to public revenue; tax officials and collectors; the Department of Finance; the executive branch of government, specifically components in the Department of Administrative Services relating to purchasing functions of the city; the Department of Personnel and Human Resources; operation of the Office of the Mayor; Office of Contract Compliance and Intergovernmental, International and Diplomatic Affairs.
- At Large: Matt Westmoreland, 404-330-6302, email@example.com
- Committee Assignments: Community Development, Transportation, and Zoning.
- At Large: Michael Julian Bond, 404-330-6052, MBond@atlantaga.gov
- Committee Assignments: Finance, Public Safety, Community Development/Human Services
- At Large: Keisha Sean Waites, 404-330-6041, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Committee Assignments: Transportation, Public Safety and Legal Administration, Finance/Executive
Atlanta Alcohol License Review Board
Fulton County Commission
Seven members make up the Fulton County Commission: two at large, including the Commission chair, and one elected from each of the five Fulton County districts. Piedmont Heights is in District 6.
Neighborhood Planning Unit
The city is divided into a number of neighborhood planning units (NPUs). Piedmont Heights is in NPU-F. NPUs serve as the neighborhood’s conduit to the city planning department and make recommendations about zoning, long-range planning, and other issues.
- NPU-F meets at 7:00 p.m. on the third Monday of the month.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!